Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head of iceberg, butter or romaine lettuce
- 1lb chicken breast or thighs finely diced, or ground chicken
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 each medium red, yellow and orange bell pepper diced
- 1 can water chestnuts diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 bunch green onion stems chopped
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari, soy or coconut aminos
- 1/3 Cup Caribbean Passion Fruit or Rage N Red Pepper Jelly
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
1. In a large skillet over medium heat sauté onions, peppers and water chestnuts in 1 tbsp oil until soft. 4-5 min. Remove from pan and set aside in bowl.
2. Remove pan from heat and let cool slightly so your chicken doesn’t stick. Turn to medium heat. Add rest of oils. Add chicken and sauté till almost done and pan is again hot.
3. Add in rice wine vinegar and tamari/soy.
4. Turn heat to medium high and let cook about one minute until liquid has reduced. Add back in your sautéed veggies and minced garlic. Incorporate together and let cook about one minute
5. Turn heat to high and make a well in center of pan. Add in pepper jelly and let melt and bubble about 30 seconds. Stir in all together and let sit and bubble for 30-60 seconds.
6. Remove from heat and put in serving bowl. Serve spoonfuls with lettuce and garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.