- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chilled butter or margarine
- 3 oz. Cream cheese chilled
- 1 lbs Ice water or more if needed
- 1/2 cup Apricot w/Attitude
- 1 tsp. grated Lemon zest
- 1 egg white beated until foamy
- 1/4 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
1. Combine flour and salt in food processor.
2. Add butter and pulse til size of peas
3. Add cream cheese and blend until dough forms.
4. If dough is too dry, add ice water slowly
5. Form into flat disc and wrap in plastic wrap; chill for 30 minutes.
6. In small bowl combine apricot jelly and lemon zest.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Divide pastry into thirds and roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
9. Cut with 3 inch round cookie cutter.
10. Place cookies on backing sheet and place 1/2 tsp. of apricot mixture in center of cookie.
11. Brush edges with egg white and fold bottom edged over to form a cone shape.
12. Brush again with egg white and sprinkle chopped almonds over top of jelly.
13. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
14. Cool on wire rack and store in airtight container.